Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fight the Funk


For the past month, I’ve felt slightly ‘off my game’. I don’t mean this in a creepy, dating reference way. I merely mean that I haven’t been my witty, efficient, motivated self. I’m even getting lazy in my typing…leaving a letter or two off of normal words (ie. Broke Spoke instead of Broken Spoke…or writing manic instead of maniac…um, yeah...not ok). Not only do I feel sluggish, but I feel like my intelligence dwindles by the day. Needless to say…this MUST change.
Unfortunately I seem to operate best by lists…and I say unfortunately, because I usually lose my lists (due to my current lack of personal organization—note: date books are great…until you have 4 and randomly update each one). But I figured if I make this list electronic, then I can always know where it’s at.
So here’s my “Fight the Funk” to do list:
  • Plan out my trip to Paris ☺ (Yes, I will be the dorky American tourist wearing the “Bon Jour” tee shirt.)
  • Learn key French phrases/words (particularly, where’s the nearest bathroom?....I doubt “donde esta el bano?” will suffice)
  • De-clutter my apartment/prep for inevitable move
  • Deep clean my place
  • Take an art class at Laguna Gloria
  • Volunteer at church/for a non-profit
  • Organize my personal files
  • Make a chronological family photo book (aka. Growing Up Keeler)
  • Buy a new cell phone (possibly a BlackJack II?)
  • Back up music library
  • Sell Barbies (my pristine, in-box Barbie collection needs to go)
  • Establish exercise routine (my blood pressure demands this)
  • Create a healthy diet list (refer to previous bullet point)
  • Purchase a piano music book (for the fantastic old-school keyboard my granny gave to me)
PS - I created a “Fight the Funk” music playlist as well…

1 comment:

  1. I love the Fight the Funk playlist! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete