Thursday, January 22, 2009

munching on the memories

Yesterday, I ran by Zen to grab a quick bite for lunch....usually I just bring my food back to the office, but I decided to take a mental break from the UIL world and eat at Zen. I even brought a something to read. However, focusing on reading became a challenge because I was distracted by the music selection. Zen usually opts for techno-synthesizer driven-chant-like music that is easy for me to tune out....but yesterday this song caught my attention: 

'Your Mama Don't Dance' by Loggins & Messina

and as soon as that one ended, another song from memory lane began...

'In My Room' by the Beach Boys
the timing of the orders being called out across the speakers was perfect...it went something like this: 
there's a place where I can go and tell my secrets to, in my [order # 128], in my [order #129]...

just as I was getting ready to leave, this song came on...

'Feelin' Stronger Everyday' by Chicago

It's weird how certain songs can take you back to a certain time(s) and/or place(s) in your life...
I automatically relate 'Your Mama Don't Dance' to the Buna Little League Show....
the Beach Boys take me back to the 8th grade...especially 'In My Room' because it was also on the Friends soundtrack (which I played non-stop)....
and I equate Chicago with Ryan....however, this song became my post-breakup anthem...it's weird to note how fitting the lyrics are...

1 comment: