Tuesday, February 16, 2010

say anything

here are some quotable gems I've been saving up:
[af = anonymous friend]


af #1: "you know that song....something about lucy..."

me: " you mean...'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds'...?"


(context: trying to casually to break the ice with a group of guys to pass off a phone number on a dare)
af #2: "hey...are you guys from Michigan?" (note: when she asked this, the anticipated response was 'no'....so she could quickly brush off the ice-breaker and pass off the number.)
boy group: Yeah! We're actually all from Ann Arbor!
af #2: "Girls....they really ARE from Michigan!?" (said with a "you've got to be kidding!" look)

af #1: "I like that Dave Barnes song, and surprisingly I don't really have diminishing returns for it"
me
: "did you actually just say that you don't have diminishing returns for a song you like?"
af #1: "are you gonna put this on your blog?"
me
: "yes...I think I just might"

af #3: "you kill it, you keep it!"
(an interesting dating perspective)

af #4: "patty griffin is good" (said with raised eyebrows)
me
: "you're being sarcastic"
af #4
: "I didn't say it sarcastically"
me
: "no, but your eyebrows were sarcastic"
af #4
: "alright, how about this...patty griffin is good" (said with a slow head nod)
me
: "ok, your eyebrows weren't sarcastic...but your head nod was"



No comments:

Post a Comment