Friday, December 12, 2008

my history trip

Got this idea from Jen's page. It's my "top fives" of things I would go back in time to see/do...

Musical Performances:
1. The Beatles, Shea Stadium, 1965
2. James Brown, Boston, 1968
3. Queen, Wembley Stadium, 1986
4. Led Zeppelin, Tampa FL, 1973
5. Woodstock, 1969 (for Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, CCR, The Who, etc)

Movie Releases (In Theater):
1. Star Wars
2. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
3. Singin' in the Rain
4. Casablanca
5. Dr. Strangelove

Biblical Events*:
1. When Jesus first visited the disciples after His resurrection
2. When Elijah was taken to heaven in a chariot of fire via a whirlwind
3. When David killed Goliath
4. When Jesus fed the 5000
5. When Moses parted the Red Sea for the Israelites to escape the pharoah & his army

Historical Eras/Events*:
1. The life of Queen Elizabeth I
2. The French court of Louis XIV, mainly to see the fashion
3. The women's suffrage movement in the US
4. The cultural and political movements of the 1960's in the US
5. The events and battles of England in the 6th century...mainly to see if King Arthur ever really existed...

Books I Want to Discuss with Their Authors:
1. The Great Divorce, C.S. Lewis
2. 1984, George Orwell
3. Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
4. The Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien
5. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee

Top 5 People from History I Wish I Could Talk to for an Hour:
1. Albert Einstein
2. Winston Churchill
3. Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. C.S. Lewis
5. Queen Elizabeth I

*Denote events that I would like a removed/non-participatory/movie-watching view of...mainly for safety purposes :)

1 comment:

  1. oooh! Good idea! Maybe I can tag-along with you to some of those. I'd especially like to see Goliath hit the ground. I'll wear a cheerleading outfit and bring my pom-pons.

    ReplyDelete