Tuesday, August 17, 2010

brotherly love

My older bro turned 30 this past weekend...to commemorate the Big 3-0, here's the card I gave him:



[My message says: 'For your 30th birthday, I thought I'd offer you the gift of perspective! You're 1/3 of the way there! :)]

While I was looking at all the numbered birthday cards, this card caught my attention as the only appropriate option...especially considering that I gave him a "Happy 30th" card last year only so I could write "oooops....that's right, this year you're hanging on to 29!"

I've set myself up for much ridicule this year (and next)...but it's been worth it!  :)

---------------------------------------

It was also my mom's birthday this past weekend...and I had several conversations with my younger bro (regarding a gift for our mom's birthday) that went something like this...

me:   "Hey...so what's this gift idea that you've got mom?"

TK:  "She said she really wants a new shirt." (obviously satisfied to pass along such vital news)

me:  [crickets]

TK:  "You know...a shirt to go 'out' in..."

me:  [intrigued/confused silence] "...what do you mean by 'out' exactly?"

TK:  "well...like to go to Beaumont (the nearest city to my hometown) and stuff, but not to wear around the house or to church..."

me:  "hmmmm...." [my bro still is oblivious as to how ambiguous this description still is]

[silence]

me:  "soooo, maybe I should just take her shopping...?"

TK:  "yeah, that works too."

No comments:

Post a Comment