Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm back with an attack!

My mom seems like a quiet, unassuming person....which for the most part she is....until you get to know her, and then she's a little cheekier than expected. Kinda like me I guess....must be in the genes.

Anyways....my parents are coming to move all my listen.read.love.repeat. inventory back to my hometown soon, and it made me think of a pretty funny story from the evening prior to my Austin event.

My mom and I left my crew of faithful friends/fam back at the apartment to run an errand. We parked at the HEB, took care of our mission, and started back to the car.  My mom managed to make it inside the car, but as I was walking to the driver's side...things went a little awry.

Looking back on the situation, I would have noted that the couple hurriedly rushing past me trying to shield their baby acted in this manner for a specific reason. Instead I continued on...it wasn't until I opened the driver's side door that I realized I had just walked into in swarm of bees. Not wanting to draw the bees into my car, I started running around the car like a crazy woman. Worst part of this all was that I initially ran straight towards the couple with the baby...serious no-no!  So then I had to retreat and jump in the car as fast as possible. My mom was laughing so hard that she was crying, and the only words she could manage to get out were: " hahahaha....bees....haha.....coming out [gasp] of your....purse!"

[Apparently from her angle, it looked like the multitude of bees apparated out of my purse...and yes I casually just used a Harry Potter reference.]

When we got back to my apartment, she couldn't even make it through the story without cracking up.  My mom had a lot of fun reliving this story for the rest of the weekend...especially since she said that watching the whole scenario was pretty much like watching an old school cartoon.  I can admit now that it was pretty hysterical....especially when I think about the parents of the baby running from me as I ran towards them.
oops.

Notes to take from this:
1. When I encounter creatures from the wild (in this case bees...past experiences give insight into encounters with snakes, possums, armadillos, etc), logic leaves the picture and insanity enters. Catch a video of my response and you may have a viral hit on your hands!
2. My mom has a 'mean girl' sense of humor (ie. she finds my panic-driven-knee-jerk response to "danger" extremely funny)! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment