Wednesday, September 24, 2008

listen.read.LOVE.repeat.

It has come to my attention that I've had a very selfish focus/attitude over the past several months. I was reminded that I have been granted a lot of "free" time, and I think it is appropriate that I start using that time for a greater purpose.

Enter my current brain-child revelation:

listen.read.LOVE.repeat.

One day it occurred to me that I have more than my fair share of books and cds lying around, many of which will never get touched by me again....and it hit me that a lot of people probably have an excess of these items as well. I started thinking of ways these particular items could be used to benefit others. 
Here's the concept that I developed:

1. Take donations of used books and cds. 
2. Resell the items for a set price (currently thinking $5).
3. Put all profits towards a charity (possibly Children Mothers of Uganda).

Not only is this a way to expose people to different books/music for a reasonable price, but the more amazing thing is that it could help provide funds to save lives. This concept combines several of my passions, obviously music and literature...but also promotes recycling and more importantly a cause. The underlying idea is that we would listen to the needs of others, read information about how we can help, love people through our actions and repeat the process. 

This whole thing is still in the brainstorming stage...so I would appreciate any comments/suggestions. I'm currently investigating whether or not there may be any legal issues, and praying over which charity to support. 

I'm also praying for my faith to look and sound like this...
even if the ones I love turn around and crucify me, 
I won't ever let You down, 
I won't fall, 
I won't fall, 
I won't fall as long as You're around me
-washed by the water by needtobreathe




2 comments:

  1. I think that's a wonderful idea--and I'd love to talk about it in person over the weekend...I bet I know some people who could help you with the legal stuff (with understanding what could be done and what couldn't)...

    ReplyDelete