Friday, October 31, 2008

give me something good to eat...

I am not a huge fan of Halloween, at least in the scary/creepy sense. I don't like scary movies, and I've never stepped foot in a haunted house....so most of my Halloween memories are fairly wholesome...and centered around fun costumes and feeding my sugar addiction. As a kid, my mom would hand-sew my costumes...which I used to think was lame...but now I realize how awesome it was that I had a "one-of-a-kind" costume made just for me. I remember being so jealous of kids with their store-bought costumes. I desperately wanted to be Rainbow Brite for several years....I mean I totally could have rocked this costume...



I thought about being Rainbow Brite last year...unfortunately, the adult version of this costume is sooooo not appropriate to wear in public.  The trashy adult costume selection just makes me want to be a kid again...so I could  wear stuff like this:




or my absolute favorite....

(Mike is probably my favorite Pixar-Disney character...and the costume has a built-in candy pocket...it just doesn't get any better than that!)

I wasn't planning to dress up this year, but I was told yesterday that I HAD to. So I've opted to dress as "Sleeping Beauty"...my costume includes the following:

Pink dress
Pink eye mask
Tiara
Pink Fuzzy House Slippers
and I'll be carrying a pink pillow that says "Princess"

At the very least, I'll be comfy...plus I can take a nap and still be in character....

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, I was almost Rainbow Brite this year, but with a homemade costume! Natalie was going to be Canary Yellow and my friend Bekah was going to be Tickled Pink.

    Also, on the trashy characters, Natalie and I actually discussed that, and how you can add "sexy" to the front of any occupation and have an expected adult Halloween costume. Lame! I found this article earlier today:http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-stein26oct26,0,7942535.column

    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeping Beauty is a fantastic idea! I think she's usually left in the shadows of more boisterous women like Cinderella, Belle, and Jasmine. I guess it's hard to be boisterous when you're asleep....

    Post pictures!

    ReplyDelete