Monday, April 21, 2008

The Office

I recently submitted my personal work evaluation form. As I was filling in my job description, I started thinking about what I wish I could include; however, I highly doubt that my supervisor would think my claims are legit.

Here’s a sampling of what I think my updated job description should entail:

1. Purchasing emergency items for directors as needed.

(Example: my coworker and I were sent on a mission to purchase one director a new dress tie….since he obviously can't dress himself properly, and suffered the ridicule of his peers for wearing a royal blue and white striped shirt with a navy polka dot tie. This involved trying to match up colors via a camera phone photo…tricky.)


2. Detaining annoying and/or controversial workers from interacting with my superiors.
(This is worth a serious raise all in itself....)

3. Personal errand/food runner.

(Which I really don’t mind, b/c it allows me to get out of the office for a bit.)

***A new one to add to the list...
4. Informant in a crime scene investigation...okay, maybe this is a little bit of an exaggeration...but I totally felt like I was part of a CSI episode whenever I got a phone call from an officer last week that went something like this:
"Miss, we're searching through a house that we just obtained a warrant for, and in our search we've come across a girls state basketball championship ring for 2003. We wanted to know if you could tell us who won that year, so we can get a better idea of who we are looking for."
It was definitely a moment that deserved it's own background music.

No comments:

Post a Comment