Wednesday, March 18, 2009

throwing rocks...

This past Sunday, Megan and I got to catch up with two of my super-awesome guy friends (Troy & Josh)....and it was incredibly therapeutic for me. Great friends and tasty food are always a winning combination.


One of the funniest parts of the lunch was when the guys found out that my bridesmaid dress collection is almost in the double-digits. Troy then made reference to 27 Dresses, and he insisted that I get up on the table and sing "Bennie and the Jets"...because that would surely attract my Mr. Right. I graciously declined....Sunday lunch at Red Lobster just didn't seem to be the appropriate setting for such a performance.

After our lunch, Josh texted his apology for not bringing me rocks. He had previously offered to supply me little sharp rocks (mainly because I can't lift larger ones) to throw at mean boys.

I told him that I was okay with not getting rocks-to-throw for two reasons:
1. I don't want/need to go to jail on assault charges.
2. It would affect my standing on the "crazy/hot" scale. (see video below for explanation) 



It's almost funny how much (yet how little) has changed in the past 10 years. It definitely affirms my notion that I need to hang out with guys (especially these two) more often. Don't get me wrong...I have some amazing girl friends....but I need the balance of some laid-back guys who'll shoot straight with me (plus the bear hugs are nice).

2 comments:

  1. that sounds awesome. I miss all my friends from home, but hey only 14 more days! Miss you Brooke.

    ReplyDelete