Friday, July 2, 2010

surreality: my subconscious at work, part II

Recently, Paste Magazine posted a list of the 20 Creepiest Kids' Movies of All Time ...and as I was reading through the list, I remembered that I had an extremely strange dream a few months ago that combined two of the films from this article.

Here's the basics of this Jim Henson/Return to Oz trip-fest....
1. I looked like Kira (and, I don't mean in a real, human way...I mean I was Kira the muppet)
2. My guy friend [*Dude] looked like Jen (again I mean, the muppet)
3. I've never actually seen Dark Crystal...so it is beyond me as to why I dreamed about these characters.

Me and *Dude were in the abandoned futuristic city of Dallas, frantically being chased by Wheelers (these Return to Oz baddies thoroughly creeped me out as a kid). We finally decided to take refuge in an airstream trailer...which proved to be a wise choice, since the Wheelers couldn't open the door with their wheel-hands. [Initially I thought it was a good dream ending, but then again how long can you survive in an airstream trailer??...I guess, forever if you're a muppet..?]

During my San Fran trip, I divulged this hilariously quirky dream to Krystal & Cherie...Krystal kept trying to figure out a way to make the dream fit in 140 characters or less, so it could be described in a twitter post. Since that didn't work out...I figured a blog would have to do!

*Guy friend who will not be named :)

No comments:

Post a Comment